วันพุธที่ 16 เมษายน พ.ศ. 2551

A New Earth

A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose (Oprah's Book Club, Selection 61)
by Eckhart Tolle (Author)

I have always been interested in books about spiritual themes. I have loved Tolstoy, Joseph Campbell, Thich Nhat Hanh, Henry Nouen, Emerson, Thoreau, and many other enlightened writers and poets. I have been through Catholic, Quaker, Presbyterian and Buddhist phases. There are things I love about all these traditions. I have always wanted grasp the deeper truth behind them that would illustrate the unity behind all these seemingly disparate traditions.
I think that in this book Eckhart Tolle has done an amazing job of putting the core of spirituality into contemporary terms.

I liked his book The Power of Now but I think that he has refined the clarity of his message even further here. I hope that those who need to put down Oprah and don't want anyone to talk about spiritual subjects in nonbiblical, nonsectarian language will not stop people who are really looking for realistic and helpful insights into living an enlightened life. Take wisdom where you find it.

A new earth is the best I've read, ever. I'm a huge Tolle fan, and I think this is his best book yet. I've also signed up for the Oprah/Tolle webcast. While I'm not a huge fan of Oprah's interviewing style (she interrupts a lot!), it's so exciting that millions of people have access to these concepts.
They're simple, yet so simple we usually miss them.
Tolle is an incredible interpreter, very skilled at pointing the way to the power we possess inside us.

I can't recommend a new earth enough. Also, if you like Tolle and want to REALLY GET what he's saying, with no interruptions, rent The Flowering of Human Consciousness from Netflix, or wherever you can find it.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: